Order of events at church
1. Our normal concert venue is the Ottery St Mary Parish Church.
2. Erection of the staging takes place on the Friday afternoon before the concert. Able-bodied volunteers (male and female) are sought in the weeks before the concert.
3. General rehearsal for choir and orchestra from 2.00 pm until 5.00 pm on Saturday, the concert day, for all members plus orchestra. (Please aim to arrive in the church between 1.30 and 1.45 so that we are on stage ready to sing by 2 o’clock)
4. Concert begins at 7.30 pm on the Saturday.
5. The stage is dismantled and stored
at the end of the concert.
Volunteers, PLEASE stay till the job is complete.
For men: DJs, white shirts, black bow ties, black socks and smart black shoes. At the Christmas Concert red bow ties will be worn (supplied by the Society), not the traditional black.
For ladies: Long black dresses with elbow length/long sleeves or long black skirt with elbow length/long black sleeved blouse. Coloured scarves/drapes will be supplied by the Society for each concert.